I’m so excited for the year ahead, and although I don’t make new year’s resolutions (because if you need to change anything about your life you should do it straight away and not wait for the clock to tick round to midnight on the 1st January of a new year), I do believe in having goals, and the new year is a great time to reassess those goals and think about all those things that you want to achieve in the future.
And I like writing my goals down, otherwise I have all these wishy-washy half-thoughts floating around in my head, and when they’re in my head they’re somehow not entirely real yet. Somehow, when they’re down on paper they’re alive, and I feel like I’m one step closer to actually getting stuff done.
So here are my goals for 2016. They’re not in any kind of order, but they are written down!
- Blog, blog, blog! I have loved writing on this blog so far, and I only want to write more and improve my content as much as I can. I’d also like to increase the amount of content I put on here: currently I blog once a week and that fits around my life well, but I have a million and one ideas for what else I could write about and share with you, and that means upping the weekly posts.
- Get a promotion at work. A promotion has been on the cards for a while and, if I don’t say so myself, I’ve worked bloody hard for it. This year will be my year for progressing at work. Let’s do this!
- Do more things to our house. With the living room and home office partly completed in terms of decoration and furniture, I’d love to do more things to the house. Decorating is not really something I thought I’d enjoy, but I have to say it’s quite therapeutic, and I enjoy having accomplished something. By the end of 2016, I want to have got half the house done.
- Try new things. This goal seems a bit vague, but experimenting and putting myself out there is what I want to do more of this year. We’ll see how this one goes!
- Incorporate more exercise into my lifestyle. I suck at this. Any excuse not to do it, I know exactly what to say. But towards the end of 2015, I knew that I couldn’t continue on this path forever. So this year, I really must find some activities that suit me and actually do them. I would like to be even just a bit fitter by the end of the year than I am now. Not quite sure how you measure that, but I’ll figure it out along the way.
I’d like to look back at this post at the end of 2016 and say ‘Yeah, I smashed it’ – only time will tell as they say!
Happy new year everyone!
P.S. You can now follow my blog on Bloglovin – check it out with the link below: